The player moves through the cone markers, and supporting players (trainer) passes to set up the goal shot. This is a simple training drill, but a very effective one. The co-ordinated moves up to the goal shot make technically flawless execution very difficult to achieve.
- Backwards running
- Jumping over the cone markers
- Running over the cone markers
- Running around each cone marker
- Speed changes
- One lap around the whole area of cone markers
- Running backwards in slalom between the cone markers, then forwards at full speed towards the goal shot
- And many more possibilities
- Different goal shot techniques
- Correct errors individually
- Always train using both legs!
Category: Advanced training, children’s training, youth training
Minimum group size: 2 + 1 goalkeeper + 1 supporting player
Maximum group size: 8 + 1 goalkeeper + 1 supporting player
Materials required: Enough balls for the supporting player, one goal, four cone markers for the movement drills
Field size: Distance from the goal depending on ability. The cone markers are placed about 1.5 metres away from each other..