Even with the head you can develop a feeling for the ball. Your players will love this drill. In practice, a successful double heading is a great experience and it will work, as soon as the players have the hang on it.
The ball is passed accurately. The player heads the ball slightly vertical upwards. The ball ideally flies back into the arms of the thrower.
- Competition! Which pair manages the highest amount of double headings in a row without letting the ball touch the floor?
- Widen the distance between the players
- Speed up
- Jumping and heading
- Do not let the ball fly to high during the first heading
- Always position yourself correctly to the ball
- Correct errors individually
Category: Advanced training,(Children’s training), Youth training, Seniors
Minimum group size: 2
Maximum group size: 2
Materials required: One ball per pair.
Field size: Distance between the players depending on capabilities.