Soccer drill procedure
In this drill, the players are passing through a goal of pylons and afterwards they have to do an additional drill. Many variations are possible, some of them you can find below. But the list can be extended and is not at all complete.
Build two rows. The first player of one row gets a ball. The players are passing through a goal of pylons to the other side. This is followed by a slalom run through the pylons.
- No slalom run, but another task
- The additional tasks are done in front of the row of pylons.
- After a half-turn, run backwards (turn also possible by jumping)
- After a turn keep on running (turn also possible by jumping)
- Sidesteps with change of view one time
- Sidesteps with change of view at every step
- Short, fast steps
- Indicated heading
- Lift your knees
- Sidesteps to the left and right
- Acceleration and pause in turns
- Running forward and backward in turns
Soccer coach tips
- Always train using both legs!
Organisation of the soccer training drill
Category: Advanced training, children’s training, youth training
Minimum group size: 6
Maximum group size: 10
Materials required: Least one ball, one goal of pylons and six pylons or markings
Field size: Distance between the rows about 8 – 10 metres.
Information: There are already more than 1,000 animations online at www.soccerdrills.de, as well as plenty of interesting articles by very well-known soccer experts.
If you don’t want to wait for the translations, you can take a look at Soccerdrills.de. The animations often speak for themselves.