Soccer drill procedure
Even with the head you can develop a feeling for the ball. Your players will love this drill. In practice, a successful double heading is a great experience and it will work, as soon as the players have the hang on it.
The ball is passed accurately. The player heads the ball slightly vertical upwards. The ball ideally flies back into the arms of the thrower.
- Competition! Which pair manages the highest amount of double headings in a row without letting the ball touch the floor?
- Widen the distance between the players
- Speed up
- Jumping and heading
Soccer coach tips
- Do not let the ball fly to high during the first heading
- Always position yourself correctly to the ball
- Correct errors individually
Organisation of the soccer training drill
Category: Advanced training,(Children’s training), Youth training, Seniors
Minimum group size: 2
Maximum group size: 2
Materials required: One ball per pair.
Field size: Distance between the players depending on capabilities.
Information: There are already more than 1,000 animations online at www.soccerdrills.de, as well as plenty of interesting articles by very well-known soccer experts.
If you don’t want to wait for the translations, you can take a look at Soccerdrills.de. The animations often speak for themselves.