Soccer drill procedure
The drill instructions in our last animation should inspire you. We have compiled a list with a few more variations a little farther down.
-Sidesteps – Changing the line of sight once.
- Stepping: short, fast steps
- Feint a header
- Lift the knees when running
- Kick your heels
- Lunges to the left and right
- Alternate between running and pausing
- Alternate between running forwards and backwards
Form two rows. The players in the row on the left each have a ball. After dribbling for a short amount of time, the player passes the ball to the first player on the opposite row. This player then dribbles the ball to the other side. The passer also runs to the other side, while completing different tasks. The coach is in charge of distributing these tasks.
- Do the drill with only one ball; the player on the right side does not dribble, but passes and then completes additional tasks.
Soccer coach tips
- Always train using both legs!
- Clear and precise instructions
Organisation of the soccer training drill
Category: Advanced training, youth training, seniors
Minimum group size: 6
Maximum group size: 8
Materials required: Half of the players have a ball; 2 cones or markings on the ground.
Field size: Distance between markings should be six to eight meters.
Information: There are already more than 1,000 animations online at www.soccerdrills.de, as well as plenty of interesting articles by very well-known soccer experts.
If you don’t want to wait for the translations, you can take a look at Soccerdrills.de. The animations often speak for themselves.