Soccer drill procedure
The drill continues, continually getting more difficult. Unlike the introductory drills, you’ll now need four cones or markers. With a little practice, this is the most effective way that there is to teach passing.
After every pass, the players run around their cone marker. To make the drill harder, they return by running backwards, receiving the return pass whilst running forwards.
- Different passing techniques
- First receive the ball, then pass
- Only direct passing
- Receive the ball with the right foot and pass with the left, and vice versa
- Competition: which group of two can score the most goals in thirty seconds?
Soccer coach tips
- Precise passing!
- Clean passing technique!
- Lift the head before receiving the ball, and make eye contact with partner.
Category: Advanced training, children’s training, youth training
Minimum group size: 2
Maximum group size: 2
Materials required: One ball per gorup, four cones or markers.
Field size: According to group’s ability
Information: There are already more than 1,000 animations online at www.soccerdrills.de, as well as plenty of interesting articles by very well-known soccer experts.
If you don’t want to wait for the translations, you can take a look at Soccerdrills.de. The animations often speak for themselves.