Soccer drill procedure
Now the running really starts. Increase the speed, but avoid overloading the player. Change the roles of the players after a short while. This drill looks easier than it is. The running movement means that the timing of passes needs to be exact, so that the ball arrives at the right place at the right time.
One player moves around behind the markers, and constantly has balls passed to him.
- Different passing techniques
- First receive the ball, then pass
- Only direct passing
- Receive the ball with the right foot and pass with the left, and vice versa
- Competition: which group of two can score the most goals in thirty seconds?
Soccer coach tips
- Precise passing!
- Clean passing technique!
- Lift the head before receiving the ball, and make eye contact with partner.
Category: Advanced training, children’s training, youth training
Minimum group size: 2
Maximum group size: 2
Materials required: One ball per gorup, two cone markers, for the expansion drill, you’ll need four cones or markers.
Field size: According to group’s ability
Information: There are already more than 1,000 animations online at www.soccerdrills.de, as well as plenty of interesting articles by very well-known soccer experts.
If you don’t want to wait for the translations, you can take a look at Soccerdrills.de. The animations often speak for themselves.