Soccer drill procedure
This hall drill unit is almost reaching its climax. Can your players still coordinate at a high speed? Moving is one step, coordination another, and a good understanding is the culmination.
The animation makes the sequence clear.
First, the players jump –when they meet – past each other horizontally, to then return to the line in a forwards movement.
Exact description of the movement coordination:
Two rows of runners. The players run on one line. Those practicing meet half way along the line.
-Both step far to the right at the same time on the line (important: no forward movement when stepping sideways!).
- The left leg does not touch the ground.
- After that, the players then jump from their right leg over the line to the left side and land on their left leg.
- The right leg doesn’t touch the ground (important: no forward movement when jumping over the line!).
- Finally, they return to the line with their right leg, behind their partner.
Increase the pace of this drill from round to round, until the players are sprinting.
- First step out from the other side!
Soccer coach tips
- Correct errors individually
- The execution should be just as described!
- Push for increased speed
Organisation of the soccer training drill
Category: Advanced training, children’s training, youth training, seniors
Minimum group size: 2
Maximum group size: 10
Materials required: One line, which should be at least six meters long, two cones.
Field size: -
Information: There are already more than 1,000 animations online at www.soccerdrills.de, as well as plenty of interesting articles by very well-known soccer experts.
If you don’t want to wait for the translations, you can take a look at Soccerdrills.de. The animations often speak for themselves.