Soccer drill procedure
Not really "airballs" but long, high and accurate passes, as we shall see. Then there is the reception of the ball and in between we have set up a wall of boxes and a bench to make it tougher.
We have shown you the practice field in our animation with a different bench and high cabinets. Of course just like other gym hall devices, they should be different heights.
Form pairs that should try to flawlessly deal with any station. After each attempt the pass receiver dribbles to the next task. If the pair get stuck at any obstacle, have them start the practice again from the beginning.
- Do not forget to work both legs, then it really gets tough.
- The pair should pass back and forth before they move to the next station.
- Competition! Which pair will make it through the station perfectly?
- Competition! For each successful pass, there is a point at the first station, at the second station, two points, etc.
Soccer coach tips
- You're the referee! Make sure that the pair actually start from the beginning after any failed attempt.
Organisation of the soccer training drill
Category: Advanced training, children’s training, youth training, seniors
Minimum group size: 2
Maximum group size: 10
Materials required: Enough balls, one bench, different boxes
Field size: According to group’s ability
Information: There are already more than 1,000 animations online at www.soccerdrills.de, as well as plenty of interesting articles by very well-known soccer experts.
If you don’t want to wait for the translations, you can take a look at Soccerdrills.de. The animations often speak for themselves.