Soccer drill procedure
We have placed a player on a box, ideally this can be a second goalkeeper. Nothing would work here without proper passing and there is no second attempt for the player who passes, he has to back off and wait for his next chance.
As described already, a player goes on the box and catches balls there, that are passed by other players from from dribbling or as a dead ball. The player then rolls on the box to the left or to the right. The one who sends the pass will shoot the ball to the goal.
- The ball will be thrown high
- The pass will be done from dirbbling
- Hihgh balls are shooted as volly or drop kick
- Another box with a goalkeeper will be set up, the one who sends the pass then faces a struggle for the correct choice.
- Take a high box and it will be even harder
- Different passing techniques
Soccer coach tips
- Always train using both legs!
Organisation of the soccer training drill
Category: Advanced training, children’s training, youth training, seniors
Minimum group size: 4
Maximum group size: 10
Materials required: Enough balls, one box
Field size: According to group’s ability
Information: There are already more than 1,000 animations online at www.soccerdrills.de, as well as plenty of interesting articles by very well-known soccer experts.
If you don’t want to wait for the translations, you can take a look at Soccerdrills.de. The animations often speak for themselves.