Soccer drill procedure
Construct two triangles some distance off to the left and right sides of the goal. Smaller triangles have a greater effect because they give us the ability to use some different passing combinations before the shot on goal. We have listed four combinations here, but we'll leave the rest up to your imagination.
The players will perform the different passing combinations inside the triangle areas, always ending with a pass to the center and then a shot on goal.
As shown in the animation:
1. Blue passes to red, who sets up the ball for black to take a shot on goal
2. Red passes to blue, who passes to black, black passes back to red, who sets up the ball for black to shoot
3. Black passes to blue, who passes to red, who sets up the ball for black to shoot
4. Black passes to blue, who bounces the ball back to black, black passes to red, who sets up the ball for black to shoot
- Many other combinations are possible
Soccer coach tips
- Make sure players are making solid, accurate passes
- Players should look up before taking a shot
Organisation of the soccer training drill
Category: Advanced training, children’s training, youth training, seniors
Minimum group size: 6 + goalie
Maximum group size: 12 + goalie
Materials required: Enough balls, 6 cones, 1 goal
Field size: You can vary the spacing between cones (short & long passes are possible).
Information: There are already more than 1,000 animations online at www.soccerdrills.de, as well as plenty of interesting articles by very well-known soccer experts.
If you don’t want to wait for the translations, you can take a look at Soccerdrills.de. The animations often speak for themselves.